I hereby pledge to provide positive support, care, and encouragement for the games I umpire. As a Marion Boys Baseball umpire, I therefore agree:
- I will provide a sports environment for my games that is free of drugs, tobacco, and alcohol, and I will refrain from their use at all youth sports events.
- I will remember that I am a youth sports umpire, and that the game is for the children and not adults.
- I will arrive to the games on time, in uniform, and ready to go at the scheduled start time and will take each game seriously
- I will call the game based on my best judgement of the rules as established by Marion Boys Baseball
- I will communicate the rules of the game effectively to the managers, coaches, and players.
- I will respond professionally when asked for clarification of rules and judgement calls
- I will treat both teams and all players equally and fairly and ensure the rights of players
- I will not allow personal friendships and associations to influence my decision during a contest
- I will show good sportsmanship, a positive attitude and remember the real reason for the game: To have fun!